GTI | Australia Global Talent Independent Program
What is GTI | Australia Global Talent Independent Program?
The Global Talent Visa Program, also known as the Global Talent Independent Program, is a streamlined visa pathway for highly skilled professionals to work and live permanently in Australia.
To be granted a visa under the Global Talent Visa Program, a candidate will be highly skilled in one of the 10 target sectors. They will also be able to attract a salary that meets the high income threshold.
– Agri-food and AgTech
– Health Industries
– Defence, Advanced Manufacturing and Space
– Circular Economy
– Infrastructure and Tourism
– Financial Services and FinTech
To be eligible to apply for the Global Talent Visa Program under the Global Talent visa, individuals must:
– prove they are internationally recognised with evidence of outstanding achievements
– still be prominent in their field of expertise
– provide evidence that they would be an asset to Australia, in their area of expertise
– have no difficulty obtaining employment in Australia or becoming established in their field
– have a recognised organisation or individual in Australia nominate them as global talent, in the same field as the applicant
Candidates must meet a high standard and show an exceptional track record of professional achievement. This may include senior roles, patents, professional awards and international publications and memberships.
Places are also available to PhD graduates, and certain PhD students who are nearing completion of their thesis and can demonstrate their exceptional talent and international recognition in a target sector.
High income threshold
Candidates should have the ability to attract a salary at or above the Fair Work high income threshold of AUD153,600. This figure is adjusted annually on 1 July.
In assessing this, we will consider:
– current salary shown through payslips or a contract, or
– future job offers outlining remuneration, or
– recent PhD graduates in the target sectors
As part of the application, you must be nominated by an eligible individual or organisation with a national reputation in your field. The nominator will endorse your achievements and international standing. They are not required to provide you with employment in Australia.
Global Talent Officers cannot be your nominator. You cannot change your nominator once a Global Talent visa application has been lodged.
Step 1: Prepare for the documents.
Step 2: Submit your Expression of Interest, EOI and receive a unique Invitation reference identifier and Invitation code.
Step 3: Selected to apply.
Step 4: Provide further evidence (Upon request).
Step 5: Health check and police test.
Step 6: Visa Grant.
Global Talent Independent Program｜Benifits
– Direct Australia Permanent Resident
– Fast visa processing time within 12 months
– No age limit