New Zealand | 2021 Resident Visa
What is 2021 Resident Visa?
- 2021 Resident Visa is a One-Off resident visa.
- Up to 165,000 migrants may be eligible.
- If you are a work visa holder in New Zealand or a critical purpose visitor visa holder you may be eligible for residence under the new 2021 Resident Visa.
- Some critical purpose visa holders arriving in New Zealand between 30 September 2021 and 31 July 2022 on long term visas may also be eligible for the new visa.
There are three streams. You must have met the criteria on 29 September 2021 and on the date you submit your application. You can be on a different eligible work visa than the one you held on 29 September 2021 on the date you apply for the 2021 Resident Visa.
To be eligible you must:
- have been in New Zealand on 29 September 2021, and
- be on an eligible visa on 29 September 2021, or have an application submitted for an eligible visa on 29 September 2021 that was later granted.
You must also meet one of these three criteria:
- (‘settled’ criteria) have lived in New Zealand for the past three or more years, or
- (‘skilled’ criteria) earn at or above the median wage (NZD $27 per hour), or
- (‘scarce’ criteria) work in a role on a scarce list.
If you meet the criteria for eligibility but were in Australia on 29 September 2021 and were unable to return to New Zealand by that date, you may be considered eligible but you must be in New Zealand when you apply.
On 29 September all applicants must have been on (or have applied for and later granted) one of the following visas:
- Post Study Work Visa
- Talent (Accredited Employer) Work Visa
- Essential Skills Work Visa
- Religious Worker Work Visa
- Talent (Arts, Culture, Sports) Work Visa
- Long Term Skill Shortage List Work Visa
- Silver Fern Practical Experience Work Visa
- Trafficking Victim Work Visa
- Migrant Exploitation Protection Work Visa
- Skilled Migrant Category Job Search Work Visa
- Victims of Family Violence Work Visa
- South Island Contribution Work Visa
- Work Visa granted under Section 61 of the Immigration Act (provided the applicant held any of the visas above within 6 months before being granted a Section 61 visa)
- Some Critical Purpose Visitor Visas (CPVV)
Short-term visa holders are not eligible, such as visitors, students, working holiday makers, and seasonal workers like those on the Recognised Seasonal Employer Scheme or those who enter as short-term critical workers.
You must meet the criteria of being settled, skilled or scarce for the 2021 Resident Visa.
Application Process for Study to Residency Pathway
Step 1: Submit your personal documents for an initial assessment.
Step 2: After you are assessed to be eligible, an agreement will be signed to start the application.
Step 3: Job matching for the jobs on the scarce list. Attend online interview in Hong Kong with interested parties.
Step 4: Apply for work visa if a job offer is secured.
Step 5: Apply for 2021 Resident Visa before or in July 2022.
Step 6: Obtain a New Zealand residency.
New Zealand Study to Residency｜Benefits
– Job secured.
– Low entry requirements.
– Can move to New Zealand and settle in New Zealand in a short time.
– Direct family members can go to New Zealand with the applicant.
– No age limit.