Source: Australian Government, Department of Home Affairs
Updated on: 11th February 2018
Which English language tests are accepted by the Department?
The following English language tests are accepted by DIBP:
- International English Language Testing System (IELTS)
- Occupational English Test (OET)
- Test of English as a Foreign Language internet-Based Test (TOEFL iBT)
- Pearson Test of English (PTE) Academic
- Cambridge English: Advanced (CAE) test (also known as Certificate in Advanced English).
Applicants should refer to the relevant visa information for specific information.
Alternative test scores benchmarked as against the IELTS bandscale
*From 1 January 2015 and only for a Cambridge English: Advanced (CAE) test taken on or after 1 January 2015.